Sunday, May 26, 2019

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

After finishing a great book yesterday, I picked up two new books and neither one of them caught my attention, so this afternoon I tried this one.  It definitely caught my attention!  I'm not even sure where I got it from, or why I picked it out, but I'm so glad I did. 

This Song Will Save Your Life is about Elise, a 16 year old who has no friends at her school.  She is lonely and feels unliked and unloved.  One night while wandering the streets, she bumps into some girls who invite her to an after-hours Dance Club.  There she starts learning how to put her love of music to good use as well as learning what it means to have friends.  But school is still school, nobody there wants to spend any time with her, or even believe she has anything to offer.  However being part of an after-hours club means lying to her parents and things get quickly out of hand for her. 

I thought this book was great.  It was a bit mature, but nothing I wouldn't have in an Intermediate school.  Elise is a wonderful character, I would love to know her, and it really made me wonder why she had no friends, and why there are sometimes just people like that.  I know that Elise will live on in my mind now that I've finished the book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment