Monday, April 5, 2010

Egghead by Caroline Pignat


One of my friends told me about this book- I ordered it, received it and read it within 3 days. I loved this book. It will be my next read aloud for sure!
This book was a Red Maple nominee a few years ago. I missed it while I was teaching primary, but I'm sure glad I found it.

It features Will Ried- a boy who is just different. Up until grade 8, his classmates have always accepted him, but now that he is in grade 9, his differences really stand out. Then there is Katie- she has always been Will's friend, but now it is difficult to be his friend and make other friends at school. Finally there is Shane- the bully we all remember from high school.

This story is about the bully, the bullied and the bystander. I can't wait to read it out loud to my class!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I am always on the lookout for books like this one. Thank you for the recommendation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see the book reviewer back up and swimming! steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think I am back to reading young adult books...at long last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your notebook file on this!! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats awesome, we just finished reading it in out class. But I lost my sketch journal and I had to give her really bad one :( Come to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked this book Bani- can you share your link to your blog- I'd love to check it out.

    ReplyDelete