Monday, April 12, 2021

The Unquiet Past by Kelley Armstrong

 I'm a huge Kelley Armstrong fan as an adult reader, and so when I saw this YA book sitting in one of my teachers classrooms, I had to grab it.  Then, when I realized it was part of Eric Walter's Secret series, (see my blog post on his book Innocent)  I was even more excited to read it. 

In this story, Tess has been living at the Orphanage for as long as she can remember.  She has also been plagued with visions and nightmares her whole life. She has only ever told one person, her best friend about this because she is worried about how people will react.  When the orphanage burns down, Tess is set free since she is close to her 18th birthday.  Before she leaves, she is given a clue to her past.  This clue leads her to a mystery that she needs to solve to learn not only where she comes from, but where she might go next in her life.  Along the way, she meets both kind and frightening people, some of whom try to help, some of whom want to hurt her and stop her from discovering their secrets and her own.  

This was a quick read, but an enjoyable one.  Tess is a great character- strong, determined, and smart.  Even though this story is set in the 1960's, she is independent and willing to take risks to meet her goals.  I really enjoyed her character as well as the others we meet along through her adventure.  I can see many girls enjoying this story.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment