Saturday, May 25, 2019

Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens

I discovered this new author the way I seem to always find new authors these days...on Twitter.  I ordered this book right away and I'm so glad I did. 

Faking Normal is not an easy read, Faking Normal is the story of Alexi, a young girl living with the secret of what happened between her and a boy by her pool over a year ago. Alexi has told nobody, and nobody seems to understand why she has changed so much.  But when Bodee, a social outcast at school moves in with her family, Alexi starts to discover that living with her secret is slowly killing her.  But how can she learn to trust again?  And is Bodee really the person she can trust? 

I loved this book, it is a bit mature- I actually called the mom of a girl in grade 8 when I thought she might like to read it to let her know about the content.  Even with the mature bits, it is such a great story.  I loved both Alexi and Bodee and their stories continue to live with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment