Saturday, January 29, 2022

George J. and the Miserable Monday by Sivan Hong

 I don't normally review picture books on my blog, although I don't know why, since I love a good picture book! I volunteered to review a book for the Multicultural Children's Book Day and this was the book I was sent to review.  

George J. and the Miserable Monday is a book about George, a little boy who does not like change.  His biggest concern is Mondays, he worries that things at school will change and he won't be ready for the change.   George's family helps him understand that change is part of life and that sometimes you have to be brave to face these changes.  When George goes off to school on Monday, he learns to be brave with the help of a friend from home.  

George reminds me of so many kids I see in the early primary grades.  They come to school and worry about all sorts of things and miss their families.  I love how Sivan captured these feelings so many students experience and also provides a simple solution to help them be brave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment