Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bar Code Rebellion by Suzanne Weyn


Last year, I read The Bar Code Tattoo after one of my students gave it to me. http://whatchareading-kerry.blogspot.com/2009/12/bar-code-tattoo-by-suzanne-weyn.html
In the first book, Kayla decides to not get the bar code tattooed onto her arm. Making this decision means that her life is much more difficult as she needs to live on the outskirts of society.

In this sequel, Kayla's story continues. She and her friends must find a way to not only survive without money, or the right to health care- but to avoid the government that wants to force them to get the tattoo. As Kayla and her friends in the resistance work to destroy the government, Kayla learns about her past and the reason why the government wants her so badly.

It has been almost a year since I read The Bar Code Tattoo, but I quickly remembered the story and was caught up in Kayla's life once more. I liked the first book better because the whole concept of a tattoo that could store all of your information on it seems like it could really happen. This book takes it to the next level- with the resistance and learning how evil the government and people in power are. In the sequel, Suzanne Weyn also brings back many characters from the first one, but I found that a little forced- some of the characters didn't really seem to have any purpose in coming back. This book had many exciting parts and characters that were interesting. There is a bit in here for everyone, technology, romance, adventure and friendship.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw yesterday that The Bar Code Tattoo is the $1 book for January in Scholastic Book Clubs. I can't remember if it was in TAB or Arrow though. It seems like it should have been TAB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this book because it was so much suspense!

    ReplyDelete