Monday, July 4, 2011

Kissed By an Angel, The Power of Love and Soulmates by Elizabeth Chandler


About 3 weeks before school ended a student in grade 6 came to tell me that I JUST HAD TO READ THIS BOOK. That's a pretty big statement to make and I was excited for many reasons. 1. Jessica is going to be in my class in September 2. I love it when kids know how much I like reading their books 3. I was ready for a new book.

It took me a bit to get into the series but because Jessica thought it was the best book ever, I kept going. Kissed by an Angel is a romance novel that has a bit of a twist. Ivy is in high school and has just met and fallen in love with Tristan- the athletic, kind, funny boy who every girl wants to be with. Tristan has only had eyes for Ivy since she transferred to his school. He is the only person that Ivy trusts to share her deep faith in angels. When Tristan dies in a car accident, Ivy soon realizes that he is her guardian angel. Ivy doesn't realize it at first, but she needs someone to look out for her because the accident that killed Tristan was really meant to kill her.

The next 2 books follow the same theme, Tristan trying to save Ivy from someone who wants her dead. The other characters- boys from school, girlfriends and a new step-brother are all introduced and try to help Ivy. Yet Ivy doesn't know who to trust. Just when she thinks someone is the real deal, they do something to make her wonder who she can trust and who is trying to kill her.

I found the story to be a little over the top. I can see why girls would like the story- lots of 'true love' and romance even when he is dead. Ivy's obsession with angels was a bit hard to believe- but again, I can see how girls would love this. All in all, I was glad to have read these books. I can see many girls enjoying these stories, romance, guardian angels, suspense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment