Friday, April 8, 2011

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong


This is the third and final book in Kelley Armstrong's Summoning series. You can find my reviews on the other two books here and here I would strongly suggest that you read the first two books before reading this review, because I will be giving away some important parts that will ruin the first two books for you.

At the end of the first two books, Chloe finds herself in a safe place. She has food, a bed and someone to look after her. But, like the last few books, this is short lived and Chloe once again finds herself having to look after herself with the help of her friends. Chloe is starting to come to terms with her new normal- the fact that she can see ghosts and her friends include a witch, a wizard and a werewolf no longer seems strange to her. Chloe and her friends find themselves once again fighting to stay alive. They recognize that there are people who see them as a danger to the world, yet they know they just want to be left in peace. Throughout this book, Chloe searches for the strength to not only survive, but also to live a happy life. As she continues to support her friends, she finds herself drawn to Derek. Even when he does everything he can to push her away. She soon discovers that she will do anything to protect those that she loves.

This was by far my favourite book in the series. I read this one in a day (and I worked too!) because I could not stop reading it. I thought some of the scenes where Chloe was raising the dead to be a little long and confusing and didn't always add to the story. However, I loved how Armstrong wove the romance aspect through the book without being over the top. Chloe is definitely a strong female character who doesn't sit by while her boyfriend does the all the hard work and fights all the battles. Chloe isn't afraid to use her skills to her advantage and I love that about her. Yes, she is in love- but she is going to fight just as hard. I admire that in her! It took me a bit to get into this series, but by halfway through the second book- I was hooked! They really are great reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment